PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks for the Landing
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2012, 03:03
Trojan1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for that great read. With all the extraneous rubbish which seems to go with flying these days, whether professionally or recreationaly we should all touch base with what it meant to be a pilot in the not too distant past.You and your predecessors tell us what it was to be a "gentleman pilot". A lesson we should all learn from. I hope we see more of your work in book form soon.
I couldn't agree more. Thank you Centaurus for your excellent stories. I think a book would be a great idea! Indeed I thoroughly enjoyed Harry Purvis' Outback Airman, (which was given to me by my ex-RAF Uncle at my Wife's graduation party - I had not heard of him until then) and would love to read something similar from you.

There is certainly a contrast between these 'halcyon days' of aviation and today. Just yesterday I recieved an invitation inviting me to pay for a TR and become a "Fashionable pilot of a stilish A320..." Eh, no thanks! And if another pilot tells me he wants to be an airline pilot for the prestige, but can't tell the difference between an Airbus and a Boeing, I think I'll get punchy.

As someone else said, you speak of an age when pilot's were not soft, self important poseurs, but gentlemen.

Last edited by Trojan1981; 1st Jul 2012 at 03:05.