PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightplan and oceanic clearance
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2012, 18:23
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rab-k....... I understand that you are an oceanic controller, i am extremely interested by your statement that.. If you suffer R/T failure prior to receiving your Oceanic Clearance then we, (Oceanic), would expect you to follow your FPL route at the level shown in your FPL at the entry fix;

Looking at NAT DOC 007....

5.1.1 Oceanic Clearances are required for all flights within NAT controlled Airspace (at or above FL55).
5.1.11 If pilots have not received their Oceanic Clearance prior to reaching the Shanwick OCA boundary, they must contact Domestic ATC and request instructions to enable them to remain clear of Oceanic Airspace whilst awaiting such Clearance.
But if we are unable to contact Domestic ATC due to VHF comms failure, then surely we should divert to a domestic airport rather than enter the ocean?

6.6.28 Equipment Failure before receiving an Oceanic Clearance:-
Divert or fly the Flight Plan route, speed and initial planned oceanic level to landfall.
I love flying across the atlantic, but I'm not sure that I would be willing to cross the ocean without a working VHF radio as we dont have Satcom nor CPDLC

Mutt