PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - The 5 star JOKE!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2012, 17:15
dark magic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar Airways - The 5 star JOKE!!!

Please pilots and cabin crew - be warned - do not join Qatar Airways!
Qatar Airways is a 5 star joke from internal - they do not give what they say they will and you will spend your entire life unhappy and not get what you expect.
Lets put everything down how it is - as a pilot you will get 2 weeks in company accommodation and then you are expected to move out. Trust me things are expensive here! Try get a lease in a place without a residence permit... good luck..... it takes money!! Yes you can get it but all the money that you bring with you (yes ridiculous - you need to bring money to this place to even make money lol) will go to secure a lease.
Then you suffer while you are not able to get a car, furniture and all the basic needs like internet phone etc etc.
Right now you are not even able to get a loan for a car since they have this ridiculous rule that you can only bond half your salary, after all deductions. Wel this is where it gets interesting - you will have no money and therefore do not qualify for a loan!
Oh how did I forget to mention - Qatar Airways do not give a damn about it as they do not give a interest free loan like Emirates does (what I think is the pilots 5 star airline)
Also you will be told that they refund the cargo expenses well good luck getting that money back not to mention any money that you pay out for!
You will spend every single one of your off days chasing people in the office - just to be pushed from pillar to post!
Speaking of that - everyting you need in Qatar Airways is about pushing you from one tower to the next building etc.
You even battle to get a alcohol license - yes even that is under control in this control freak of a country!

I will not even get started on flight attendants - guys and girls - do not take it!!! You have NO life! You have to be in Doha 12 hours before any pick up - you share accomadation with a bunch of slave type labour people working here - as they can only hire slaves for this job. If you come for an interview please ask them - how many western flight attendants do you have?!?! They will lie to you as there are none!!!lol
A western person will not take this! Do you want to hear the biggest control freak joke - if you want to get married you have to ask permission from the boss lol - is he now your dad?!?!

Basically to sum it up - if you want to have a life and enjoy your time in an airline go to emirates or etihad!! You will never be happy here!!
Please guys share your thoughts so that more people do not get fooled and suck with these ridiculous bonds (loans) so you can not leave.
No one is moving from emirates to come to Qatar but trust me there are many people moving the other way around - there must be a reason for it!! Think about it and share your views so that more people do not get caught and maybe one can only hope that the conditions will get better - inshallah!!!!!!!