PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shell Southern North Sea Contract 2012
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2012, 14:24
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Saint Jack.....pretty good memory if you can recall something you heard in 1170....Me Mum should be so lucky!

Shell Management may just be known to several posters here at Rotorheads....but for some reason he has not been out'ed in the public forum.

One would wonder if real Shellies are happy having their organization represented by such an individual even if unofficially....but then they themselves have a somewhat controversial reputation amongst the working class who have to deal with them from what we read here.

Knowing more than a few of them myself.....I have to admit I find they do sometimes set themselves up for criticism.

All we have to do is look back at the Shell Decision to go with the EC-155 and Dornier in Nigeria. That whole evolution smacked of extra contract gratuities as it surely did not make either business or common sense when looked at by any real standard.

Imagine a Jet Aircraft without spoilers or speed brakes and with a history of engine problems. Then you spec a helicopter that is fast....long ranged....for a shuttle operation with very short legs for the majority of the operation.....and needs a runway to operate to any weight.

Ah yes....the ways of Shell!