PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting started with ATPL's
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2012, 12:21
Matt7504

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting started with ATPL's

Hello PPRUNE community, I don't create many threads but felt I would make this one as the subject makes me feel a little uneasy.

I am due to begin my ATPLs on the 28th of August with CTC Takeoff (Yes, Takeoff aka Modular), and should be completing my PPL skills get on Monday. However, I am quite nervous about beginning my ATPL's as I seem to hear all these stories such as "Yes, its 6 months of hell, they are very hard etc".
Though I am looking for some advice about how I should proceed with doing them, if theres any tips or pointers I should know beforehand to prepare me for them and get me in "the zone" so to speak for when I commence the ground school. Everyone I have asked previously hasn't really given me what I regard as constructive advice, just statements such as "Enjoy them whilst they last, work very hard its worth it, its going to be a tiresome 6 months" which to be honest I was already aware of.
What I want to know though, is what to do in the run up to them so that I'm not suddenly hit by a big step up and how does one usually revise for them, for how long, etc. Any constructive advice would be much appreciated.