PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - no LJ60 jobs anymore?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2012, 11:45
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I belong to what some would call the "vocal" group of pilots, and I always did. I am all for speaking up, defending and working against the erosion of the T&Cs in our business, and on one occasion I paid a very high price for trying to stop the BS that was going on.....

Having said that, should we all try to be a bit realistic around here?

First of all, I am still surprised when people ask questions / make statements like "6k is certainly gross, not net."

When comparing salaries using anything else than gross salary is just wrong as each and every one of us have a different tax status, depending on social status (married, not married, children, no children etc), possible deductions for house loans, double residency, country of residency etc etc.

What do you guys consider a "fair" salary, never mind market situation, financial melt down etc, just a "fair" salary for a L60 Captain?

Because as far as I see it the €5000-€6000 stated here by some of you seems pretty much right were its "supposed" to be for a regular L60 line Captain....

Before someone shoots me down, and possibly comes up with fantasy numbers, just have a look at these numbers ok?

From 2011 Pro Pilot Salary survey:

US corporate L60 CPT per month :
Av - €6.1K
Low - €4.9K
High - €7.7K

US biz charter/fractional:
Av - €5.5K
Low - €4.5K
High - €7K

International corporate / charter is quoted as being just below the numbers for US corporate.

€5-6000 seems to be average to just above average.....?

Highest L60 pay I have heard of personally so far comes out to about €7K / month.

No internet included? This is standard for most companies today. Most hotels have complimentary IT anyway, if not, as soon as you reach gold/platinum (or whatever) status its for free anyway.

No laundry? Again, not saying its right or wrong, but I think this is pretty much industry standard....

Not flying L60, nor am I working for Vista, but per diem of €40 is not true for any company using DE/AT government "standard" per diem. They vary depending on the country you are night stopping in. France, UK and the Scandinavian countries are between €40 and €60, with the exception for Norway where it's €72. Hong Kong for example is also around €70. Lots of countries below €40 as well though.....

Again, not great, but that's the way it is.....if they paid more you would have to pay tax on your per diem anyway as far as I understand...?

Seriously, you will make more money working at McDonalds.
No you wouldn't. At McDonalds you would be on about €7 per hour....in other words - If you worked 8 hr days, 20 days per month you would get €1100 + 15-something % over time pay for weekends....

Keep it real guys and gals.

CP

Last edited by CaptainProp; 30th Jun 2012 at 11:46.