PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2012, 10:48
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Perhaps Flight International are not interested!

Generally speaking, these days, Flight are more into airliners and military with a bit of space and have never ventured a great deal into rotary aviation. They seem to have even given up the annual helicopter issue.

I doubt Ollie and Co would shy away from any enquiry Flight may make but the exposure seems to be niche magazine and local newspapers because that is where the editorial demand is.

The latest item I am aware of is in the latest edition of Waypoint AirMed & Rescue magazine [out this past week] and Ollie speaks in there. It is an issue foccussed on ALE.

I know that he is also talking to the editor of Air Beat the [US] Airborne Law Enforcement Association house magazine .... again ...niche. Not seen anything in print yet from them, that may be a post Olympic issue.

For most though there is no story. 18 months ago a plan was announced and carried by most publications, there have been adjustments in detail [which would be lost in Flight or Rotor & Wing even if they appeared] but the storyline remains pretty much unchanged until the show gets on the road around October time. They may stir their pens, intercept your mobile phone calls and bug the crew rooms but really nothing much is going to happen to NPAS this side of Christmas that will interest the Eskimos and Fijians.... so your expectation is perhaps over valuing the storyline.

The only near term storyline is Olympic Security but that is not for talking about until after September when its all over..... and hey, thats called October which is where we came in!