PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATCO Membership
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2012, 22:41
Spamcan defender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spitoon - Without a doubt, the old guard of GATCO did manage to do some damage with it's PR amongst certain quarters. It did, im sure, appear to be an old gentleman's club with its own secret handshake . There is a totally different set of personalities at the forefront now.... down to earth, engaging, and most are valid ATCOs in it for no other reason than to represent the controller's interests and be a voice.

I know a few of the guys actually doing the work at my unit and theres no hint of 'old boys club' about them at all!! Even bumped into Steve Brindley (the current President, I believe?) at Swanwick and he seems like a really decent bloke.

Posted this thread up for no other reason than to see why folks wouldn't be members....The catalyst was the other month when I had union mag and GATCO mag arrive within days of each other. 1 went straight in the bin, the other was read (and enjoyed!). I get that not everyones interested but after seeking out and talking to my unit rep, I was really struck by what the Guild ACTUALLY does and how they influence policy in Europe etc

Kind of made me proud to be a member TBH...

Spamcan

Last edited by Spamcan defender; 29th Jun 2012 at 22:42.