PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has Anyone Applied Protective Film to a Helicopter Windshield?
Old 29th Jun 2012, 19:15
Brilliant Stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fly 7

If you ask me, I believe it to be a no brainer to add the film to the windscreen because they advertise them for cars to stop stone chips and I have seen an ad showing how you can't even pierce them with a knife, now would that not improve your safety by a good margin when you consider bird strikes??

On the EC135 only the big windows are designed to be bird proof up to a certain size and yet they have failed but the chin windows are not. So you get a bird through that hitting the pedals or you legs.....

They film won't come after all it's a hugs sticker how is that gonna come off and be an issue?

Since they wrap Ferraris with that stuff and take it off without damaging them I don't think a helicopter will be any different.

Eddie Stobart wrap their trucks for better resale value.

I think this is one of those ideas which is so simple no one has made the connection since aviation has to be complicated and expensive.

I personally would have no issues with it but knowing the CAA it's to simple and has too much common sense and makes your life saver in flight.....

Well that's my take.

As for torches, thank god we were able to ditch the official Eurocopter torch since its big and heavy and not very bright but the led lenses we got now is as big as a marker pen and you could use it as a back up landing light should you need to. They that bright.