PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2012, 17:22
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bast0n; I don't suppose you have a photo of the late TM in your superb collection?

Some great 80's nostalgia from Garry Lakin and Adrian Batchelor. (My thanks to both gentlemen for their contributions).

All the craft featured are familiar to the Nostalgia Thread, but its great to see these new additions to our collection:

John Laing's AS355F1 TwinEcureuil G-JLCO departs BAe Hatfield on 5th July 1986 (Photo: Garry Lakin)

With this photo Garry has traded places with Adrian because the thread's best photo (to-date) of the Laing Ecureuil was from Adrian's collection and which can be seen on page 76. JLCO nows flys as VONF but there is further info back on page 76.

SA341G Gazelle G-BBHW at Leavesden following her respray in 1981 (Photo: Adrian Batchelor)

BBHW makes her debut on Nostalgia on page 39 wearing her red and white scheme inside a hangar at Glasgow in the 70's while she was with McAlpines. Then on page 57 is a photo from Anton Heumann (the Swiss photographer who took a shot of one of my favourite LongRangers .. the Monégasque registered 3A-MSX which can be seen on page 58) of 'HW' at Luton three years after Adrian's shot.

BBHW's history began (briefly) with Bruce Fletcher Contractors of Leicester in 1974 after which she went to McApline who kept her until 1991 (so we are told). She then goes through a string of owners until she ends up with 'Cropspray Ltd' of Marksbury in Bath. I've never seen a Gazelle spraying crops!

Bell 206B G-BBBM at Leavesden in 1983 (Photo: Adrian Batchelor)

G-BBBM was an ex-Ferranti managed 206 which began life wearing a pleasant two-tone red and brown scheme (see page 13) but which went on to accommodate a variety liveries including those for Rothmans (page 40) and the Daily Express (page 43). She wore several other schemes too!