PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 2000
Thread: Falcon 2000
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2012, 14:24
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawker,

Hoggy is spot on in his assessment, also bear in mind that the Easy (honeywell) falcons are actually now quite a bit more reliable than the original 2000's 900's and 50's simply because the older versions are just that..getting old.
The falcons I flew, for all their french quirks are very reliable machines, in 18 months we had one avionic snag, and that was our own fault thanks to uploading the wrong DB disk.
In colder climes, it pays to remove the batteries and make sure the water system is purged, but thats about it, we used to top off the tanks making sure it was Jet A1 or equilvalent. The last Falcon I flew, a 900Ex Easy sat on the ramp at Vunokovo for 7 days in -23 or worse...I turned up, replaced the batteries, cleared the snow from the APU inlet, and fired it up, 10 minutes later it was all warm so on when the avionics, no problems at all.
My advice regarding support would be to contact the FBO's you use, or even the Dassault rep directly, usually you can get this info through the owner or operator in any case as you probably already know.
Hope this helps, Falcons these days are a quantam leap more reliable than they used to be....then again have you looked at the Embraer Legacy?

Last edited by falconeasydriver; 29th Jun 2012 at 14:25.