PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern / Top Flight Aviation
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2012, 09:43
Al Symers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good summary of the current pilots frustrations and Top Flights attitude to the people it signs contracts with....from one at the coalface.

"Firstly, this is what is currently being advertised on the Top Flight website Top Flight - Jobs and Career Listings for American Pilots in Chinese and Australian Airline Markets - FAQ & Links

"Top Flight Australia Division is tasked with setting up and the procurement of A330 rated captains for the Australian A330 bases in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane for our client airline in the P.R. of China."

OK, so you are still advertising for three bases....

"Who is R G? Currently working full time on the Top Flight Australian pilot recruitment. Extensive international wide body and Australian domestic experience. R is one of the team in Australia tasked with the recruitment of pilots and operation of the Australian bases."

Not a good advertisement for you R, makes the current mess look like your fault (which isn't entirely true). I'd change that bit.

"Top Flight’s P.R.of China airline client has a requirement to set up three Australian crew bases; Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane."

There's those three bases again.....

"There are a significant number of positions available for the three bases; MEL, SYD and BNE, with Sydney as the largest base.
So Sydney is the largest base? Why are we starting in Melbourne then?

The crew rosters will focus mainly on flying between Australia and the P.R. of China with 80 hours per month planned. This equates to approximately 4 trips per month."

Why are we flying to Europe to stay in **** hole hotels when we are supposed to be flying between CAN and Oz? (I'm in Paris in case you didn't guess).

In a nutshell, if anyone applies to TF now based on what is on the website, you are bringing people to China under false pretences, irrespective of how great the contract might be one day in the future. At the moment it's challenging to say the least, and certainly does not address the clause in the Chinese contract supplement (also signed by D M) that recognises the importance of "time with family" to the foreign pilot group. Yes, we've seen the Chinese contract D.

Secondly, P, how the hell could any self respecting person recommend the current mess to their colleagues? Nothing of the countless promises made by TF have come to fruition, and knowing that, I would be doing my colleagues a great disservice to recommend the job under the current conditions and level of support from TF. When you said to T "I suggest T, we tell them as it is.....we have a signed contract with CSA that is unworkable in its present format...so a new contract will be need to be negotiated that is workable.." why don't you put your money where your mouth is and write THAT on your website. People will not leave a good job to take a gamble on the never never. While you're at it, make sure the website includes this chestnut from D M...

Subject: Re: Base
Date: 18 June 2012 1:03:46 AM AEST
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell them we are going to OZ, their future is in their own hands, we fly 80:00hrs a month and the rest is up to the pilot. Weak sisters need not apply,

dwm

Now THAT, I'm sure, will have people knocking the door down trying to get in with Top Flight! I guess D must be a real "hard man" too. Sitting way over there in the US spouting crap like that. I cannot believe his attitude when this current mess is a function of his lack of commitment. The Oz bases are not new, DWM should have had this all sorted out A YEAR AGO, but instead he dropped the mess in P and R's lap, and is content to send insulting drivel in emails that rarely make sense whilst hiding under a rock somewhere in Missouri.

Summing up, P, R, D, please don't send us any more rubbish that insults our intelligence, promotes TF a as wonderful supportive contractor, or asks us to piss in our industry colleagues pockets while telling them it's good for them."

And the situation is getting worse....