PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRS in a twin
Thread: BRS in a twin
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2012, 22:34
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One poster here is so convinced that he claims he will use the chute as a primary recovery system from any engine failure over green fields or busy city centre! That itself is worrying? And why? Because he has no confidence in a forced landing! Something is very wrong somewhere?
Pace for clarity of the debate I am ok with your concerns, but again stress my choice is nothing to do with confidence.

Why is it worrying and what is very wrong?

Even if I had an equal chance of survival using the chute compared to a forced landing, what is the problem?

Do you think I have less chance of survival if I use the chute compared to landing in a small filed with a few trees and hedges?

In my opinion I (and you) have a greater chance of survival using the chute than a forced off airport landing. Out of 100 each we would both likely get a few horribly wrong. Maybe me more than you, maybe not.

I also do not think I said any engine failure and 100% I would us the chute, but certainly where I can not be totally confident with the landing surface I would, this is my own personal SOP.

Last edited by 007helicopter; 28th Jun 2012 at 23:08.