PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to land a professional flying job in Asia
Old 28th Jun 2012, 22:23
gcpilot8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to land a professional flying job in Asia

Greetings

I am an aspiring pilot looking to work in Asia. I am a US citizen, who was born, raised and spent 20 years in Nepal.

What are average minimum flight hours to work as FO in Asian airlines? I know this is vague question so I am trying to draw answers from the experiences of seasoned aviators working in Asia. After completion of my CFI-ME what would you suggest me to do – look for job with US regional airlines to build time or look for opportunities with small Asian carriers?
Would it be possible to live in Nepal and commute to work in Dubai, India, Singapore or any other countries within 5hrs of flying? My dream is to live in Nepal but commute to work in any Asian country. Starting salary of USD 2k to 3k would be sufficient for the starting years since I have other sources of supplemental income. Does anyone know, or is currently commuting to work in Asia from other Asian countries like having a base in Dubai but living in Bangkok?

Does Asia have the similar seniority system as of the US, or is it more hours = more power kind of thing? Please shed some light on this subject as, if Asia also has seniority system them I might as well skip US regionals and take up flying in Asia after CFI-ME.

I’d ike to hear from Ex pats working in Asia for any suggestions, advice, career guidance that could be useful to this aspiring pilot.
I can speak, write fluent Hindi, English, Nepali….i wonder if these linguistic abilities will improve my chances of working particularly in the Indian sub-continent.

I know I have asked a lot of question so please bear with me since I would like to know what I am getting into before I spend 50k+ on trainings and ratings.

I have mentioned my situation and background in a separate thread in this forum. Please have a glance and provide some feedback.

I truly appreciate your time and effort to read and reply.

Stay safe, happy flying!