PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRS in a twin
Thread: BRS in a twin
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2012, 19:55
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul we are not talking about another option! This thread has been built around the chute now being advised for ANY engine failure not as an extra safety option which I welcome.
I still ask if it is so good and bulletproof compared to a forced landing why cannot you get Cirrus to endorse its use in the way many here are advocating.
I remind you of the Cirrus official position.

If the engine fails at altitude, pitch as necessary to establish best glide. While gliding toward a suitable landing area, attempt to identify the cause of the failure and correct it. if Altitude or terrain does not permit a safe landing, CAPS deployment may be required.
Again the chute is being recommended as a last resort failing a suitable landing area being located not as a primary means of dealing with engine failure.
I am not your problem in your quest you need to get Cirrus on board!! One poster here is so convinced that he claims he will use the chute as a primary recovery system from any engine failure over green fields or busy city centre! That itself is worrying? And why? Because he has no confidence in a forced landing! Something is very wrong somewhere?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 28th Jun 2012 at 20:08.