PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter training for injured ex-military?
Old 28th Jun 2012, 17:53
Bubblecopter85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Yes of course the training is recognised by the CAA and yes, the students have their medicals.

Wings is not a training organisation. It is a vehicle through which injured service personnel can reach their goal of becoming commercial helicopter pilots.

We are lucky enough to have the support of an FTO under who's status the students are placed. We could register ourselves independantly, however that would create overheads, which would detract from our students' spending power.

As is, the fact we have acquired our own machine enables us to ensure our not-for-profit motivation is not lost.

And yes, of course the students have their class 1 medicals. Of course not everyone will pass, however thats down to the CAA, who have thus far been excellent supporters of ours.

As our website states, our charity registration number is being processed, however we are already governed by trustees and operate for charitable purposes. Therefore we are already a charity in our own right, despite waiting for a number.

I can assure you that everything is all above board and we are 100% genuine. I started this because I was in a position to help and because I saw first hand that it makes a difference to those who need it. That really is as simple as it gets.

I appreciate our work will not appeal to everyone, however if this is the case I do politely ask that you respect our intentions and let us get on the work we're doing.

If you do support who we are and what we stand for then please help.

www.wingsforwarriors.org.uk

Many thanks again,

Mark

p.s. The pictures on our facebook page are from a photo shoot we did. The finished article features on the front of our brochures and clearly shows the transition from soldier to pilot. Please email me your details and I'll happily send copies.

Last edited by Bubblecopter85; 28th Jun 2012 at 17:57.