PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfields that ban some of us, plus the "no fees for safety diversions" scheme
Old 28th Jun 2012, 17:06
AnglianAV8R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very sad. I'd expect a person employed in aviation to respect the decision of an aircraft Commander to make a precautionary landing when having tech problems.

Tatenhill 0/10

Here's a good news story: Landed at Wolverhampton/Halfpenny Green last week for fuel and overnight stop. Next day was not flyable and we were stuck for another night. No further charge as they treated it as a 'weather diversion' and extended the same benefits to the flexwing who arrived 5 minutes after us and found themselves in the same predicament.

Wolverhampton/H'penny Green 10/10

Planning restrictions seem to be a throwback to the early years of microlights with very noisy (Robin?) engines. They are in the minority nowadays. I know of an airfield in my locality that has a 'no microlights' rule due to planning. However, it is applied flexibly for aircraft such as my Rans S6 because it looks like a "proper plane"

Perhaps it is time for the likes of the BMAA & LAA to join forces and seek to tidy up the outdated misconceptions ?