PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2012, 14:42
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lanzarote and Tenerife

So Aer Lingus clearly have left the door wide open to Jet2 to come onto the Canaries routes while they make their mind up over which Belfast Airport to choose. This speculation and potential move have given Jet2 the gusto to join what is probably a very reliable earner for Aer Lingus from Belfast, especially Lanzarote, which offers year round demand.

Jet2 did operate Tenerife in a previous winter head to head with Aer Lingus but axed it. I guess that Jet2 will make an appearance on the Malaga route too at some stage.

Irrespective of what Aer Lingus do/dont have planned for Belfast as a whole, in my view they have taken their eye off the ball, being distracted mid season by the potential attractiveness of BHD instead of focusing on what they have built at BFS, in the mean time the competition i.e. Jet2 to Canaries, and easyJet to London line up to add capacity and capitalise on any changes that may occur.

The signs are looking so much like they will move and given Brian Ambrose' confidence in having replacement this season, it is starting to feel like this was a done deal ages ago.

EI-BUD

Last edited by EI-BUD; 28th Jun 2012 at 14:43.