PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean
Thread: Korean
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2012, 05:11
John Sullivan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Korean

I am considerng applying for KAL on the 777 and have a couple of questions (believe I have read every post on here re Korean and don't see answers to these) -

1. I have been led to believe layovers are 48 hours on longhaul if the flight is over 12hrs, otherwise 24hrs? Is this true? Do you get a day off in ICN if same, ie JFK-ICN return?

2. We would settle in ATL so I'm wondering if I can request (and get!) an ATL layover most months? Relates to #1 above for obvious reasons in addition to rest. The 11 DO per month is probably more attractive to us than the flying out twice a month but it would be nice to get a trip home during the duty if possible.

2. Stayed at ICN Hyatt one time a while back and it was nice, but obviously pretty bleak in terms of anything around there. Looked like there was a driving range or golf course behind there. Anything else to actually go do? Any (good) restaurant options close by outside of the hotel?

3. Are the 4 tickets per year good on SkyTeam or just KAL?

Thank you, and I do understand the negatives of the job but my personal situation with a child right now means we need to return stateside to live, so the commuting option is primo in importance to us at this point.

Thanks,
John