PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self sponsored training, CTC or FTE?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2012, 23:33
average-punter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Student 88: I believe it is Qatar Airways

I don't mean to be too negative here. I'm also a wannabe checking out the 2 schools aswell.

The recent developments at CTC are a bit of a cause for concern in my opinion. Now easyJet are only offering summer-only contracts, how the hell are you meant to make a living from that?! For those who started before it was announced are, in my opinion, in a very unfortunate position. Especially those that have used the services of BBVA who will be demanding their money back every month... It's not so good when you earn nothing for 6 months of the year. The EZY contract as I understand is soon up for renewal. I am aware that other airlines do take CTC cadets but nowhere near the numbers of EZY. The hold pool could potentially become very deep!

FTE: I've booked an assesment soon. With a large percentage of cadets ending up at Ryanair the point of integrated training disappears. Ryanair couldn't give a s*** where you trained... Also 80k + 30k for TR is a large amount of money... What will happen to the Spanish economy is also very doubtful. If there is a mass recession in Spain, how will this affect FTE? What is their financial record like? What protections are there in place should the company go into administration?! I will be asking all of this on my visit.

Anyway I don't wish to be too negative and as I've said I'm only a wannabe so this is essentially me thinking out loud... Whatever you choose best of luck :-)

Last edited by average-punter; 27th Jun 2012 at 23:35.