PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spitfire crash landing in Scotland WW11
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2012, 16:16
El Grifo

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Nada !

Looks like my quest has reached an inconclusive conclusion !!

The Father of the alleged pilot, or to be 100% precise, the father of Harold A Raasch, a man of the cloth no less, after initially agreeing to assist in my quest, has now turned feral for some reason.

In response to my recent email asking if he was available for discussion yet, the content included :-

I'm asking you to stop and refrain from any more research into the life of my father. You do not have my permission to continue with any more research, let alone filling in the gaps with some crazy story that has nothing to do with my father. I've made the request and will not make it again. Any more research on your part, and contacts with me, and I will contact a third person to deal with this.
I do not know what kind of emotional needs you have in pursuing this. Do not contact me again. I kindly encourage you to focus your energies on something else. You do not have my permission to pursue any more information about my deceased father. For you to turn this around, focusing only on you and your needs, displays gross misunderstanding of privacy and respect. Do not contact me again. I am bringing this matter now to the attention of my lawyer because you have not respected my privacy or the memory of a member of my family. All future emails from you will remain unopened
I explained to him that his Father came to me, I did not go to him. It did not help.

Guess that is game over.

LIke most good mysteries, the more one learns the more questions are raised.
It is more of a mystery now than it was at the outset !

I have at no point identified the person with whom I am in communication with therefore feel it is not inappropriate to share his communication, seeing that this thread hs gone on for so long and has created quite some interest.

Last edited by El Grifo; 27th Jun 2012 at 16:17.