PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oslo
Thread: Oslo
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2012, 10:46
radeng

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Oslo

Sometime back, I asked here about connecting in Oslo to Kristiansand (KRS), and got good advice about allowing plenty of time. Thanks, everyone, it was needed.

Tried Rignes beer in Oslo airport and besides needing a mortgage, didn't think much of it. Christiansand Beer (CB) was better but still a wicked price. Wine even worse - house wine in one restaurant was nearly £50 a bottle.

Norway is incredibly expensive, and I was very unimpressed coming back. No Fast Track for BA, the OSL lounge is poor - not even any gin! - and you get a SMS to tell you a password for WLAN. But my 'phone battery was dead and the charger in my suitcase....

So if I go to KRS again, I'll try via either CPH or AMS. Probably CPH as offering a better chance of getting my luggage.

Thanks for all the advice.......Now any suggestions for going to Minsk? Somehow I don't fancy Belavia. So far, the best looks like BA to Prague and Czech on from there. The net price for the 4 star Marriott at Prague airport is under €80, which is good.....