PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfields that ban some of us, plus the "no fees for safety diversions" scheme
Old 27th Jun 2012, 07:44
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playing devils advocate, the Strasser Scheme is for genuine emergencies, I have landed at Tatenhill following an inflight loss of oil pressure in an Rockwell 114. No oil pressure, temps going sky high, rpm / manifold pressure falling. I did not get charged any landing fee. I was 6 miles away with Tatenhill on the nose when the emergency started.

The Flexwing flight - a VFR flight in an aircraft with relatively slow ground speed, no legal mandatory requirement to have radio and during the flight you lost Com's. To me that's not a real emergency, a little uncomfortable maybe, a quick landing somewhere to sort it out if it bothered you.

The comments about controlled airspace, you knew it was there and could avoid it, so no great issue there. I can understand the view that it was a precautionary landing rather than a real emergency under the terms of the Strasser agreement.

With regards restrictions at certain airfields, the airfield owner writes the rules, he decides who can and can't come to play. This may be influenced by local factors which we may be unaware of. Ultimately its his right to decide who can visit and in what. A little like a homeowner deciding who they want to let into their house.

I am a little puzzled as to what the real problem is?

Last edited by goldeneaglepilot; 27th Jun 2012 at 11:32.