PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfields that ban some of us, plus the "no fees for safety diversions" scheme
Old 27th Jun 2012, 03:05
Pitts2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You told him to stuff his fee up his tailpipe, presumably?

I had a very similar experience in 2008 in the Pitts at Henstritch. Had set off in company with a Luscomb from Popham to Compton Abbas but had to divert, so chose Henstritch. By the time we arrived there I was short on fuel and wasn't going anywhere else comfortably.

There was some mix up in word from the ground station while I was in the circuit, only to then be told just as my wheels were about to touch the ground that the radio operator wasn't sure I was allowed to land there. Well, too bad, because a) I already had and b) I wasn't going anywhere else without some petrol.

There then ensued a most inhospitable bollocking from some officious jobsworth **** who told me Pitts Specials were specifically forbidden, that I was told not to land (not true) and a whole load of other twoddle I promptly forgot. After hearing all of this, two club members seperately came up to me afterward and apologized for the cantankerous Good Humour Man and said they were glad to have me there.

I never cast my shadow over their tarmac again.