PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2012, 19:02
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Dozy

In this case I think he was right to pull Franzl up for extrapolating a general theory from individual experience. Franzl himself makes a false dichotomy here:

My full post
With more gizmos or better training, whatīs your answer? If itīs both, thatīs fine with me. At the moment we have the unfortunate situation that all the gizmoīs and asociated regulations seem not to favor thorough training and built up of long lasting airmanship and expierience.

We're back to the false idea that technological advances are intended to reduce the role of the human pilot when they are in fact intended to augment the information available to said human pilot.
I disagree, this is a wrong interpretation of my posts.
We are still at the practice (which has unfortunately nothing to do with an idea) that technological advances are used to degrade training and expierience from piloting to monitoring, which might be not intended, but itīs happening. Not everywhere, but even if itīs only 10% itīs 10% too much. Or do you turn a blind eye there?
Itīs not my position to get rid of those technological advances,or to hinder new ones, but the crews have to be trained to handle an aircraft when those gizmos go on leave and they have to be allowed to gain expierience with those situations and manual handling skills. Therefore the first step is not to cry for aditional elo-helpers, but to improve training and expierience and with it airmanship firsthand.

Last edited by RetiredF4; 26th Jun 2012 at 19:05.