PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2012, 08:04
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Clandestino
Originally Posted by Retired F4:
our old rhino had nothing of those gimmicks and we did the job and survived like others did.
Clandestino:
That's a very nice example of survivor bias. Spare some thought for your colleagues that did not make it to retirement through no fault of their Rhinos or lack of good intentions.
A Typical clandestino answer, taking one sentence out of context , reading something into the lines whatīs not there and commenting on it. What for?

Be sure that i remember my close comrades and others who lost their lifes in combat aircraft. In 5 years we lost 5 aircraft in my squadron with 11 dead crewmembers. We looked detailed into those accidents, and none of those gizmoīs i mentioned would have saved their day, not saying they are superfluous though. Airmanship and common sense (with or without those gizmoīs) would have. That did not make them bad people or bad pilots, but it got them killed unfortunately.

They were not bad pilots. They did not intend to make that last mistake.
No, but they did not recognize, that they were doing that final mistake.

It can happen to anyone. It's just the matter of reducing chances.
With more gizmos or better training, whatīs your answer? If itīs both, thatīs fine with me. At the moment we have the unfortunate situation that all the gizmoīs and asociated regulations seem not to favor thorough training and built up of long lasting airmanship and expierience.

If your statement is something like sh*t happens, then that is not something i can accept as accident prevention handling.

Last edited by RetiredF4; 26th Jun 2012 at 12:10.