PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - change of professional direction
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2012, 00:05
An0maly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would like to add my name to the list , been considering the jump for more than 4 years but always thought it was too late as I'd not started training shortly after I learnt to walk

I'm turing 31 next month , currently work for a very large corporation out in the sand pit , Knoteetingham as some people might know it . I'm relatively senior in my department and currently make about as much as an FO at one of the major ME carriers . All that aside , I'd still make the jump given the chance even if I had to take a massive pay cut to get it done . My job requires a lot of flying between countries , before boarding I spend my time watching the pilots doing the pre-flight checks and during the flight I keep looking at the wings trying to workout degrees of Flaps as well as calculating the point when we'll start descending

I've decided that I'll give it a try starting off with PPL + Night , where I go from there depends on if I get a class-1 medical as I do know that I have a degree of eye muscle imbalance but don't know how bad . My glasses prescription doesn't have any correction for it and I can see quiet well without them but will need to see my Ophthalmologist to know if I fit in to CAA requirements or not. If I do get it then I plan to do my ATPLs and Hour building while I'm working and then sort out time off / unpaid leave when it comes to ME/IR .

It's either now or never as I don't want to be much older and thinking to myself what if and even if I don't get a job then I would have had the fun of going all the way and the satisfaction that the only reason I didn't make it was because of the industry state and not any fault of my own .