PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I trust Nigerian Corporate Jet flying Companies to Pay for Contract Pilots?
Old 25th Jun 2012, 22:10
NaijaNinja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ LGW Vulture:

I worked for the most succesful Nigerian bank - begins with a Z - on a major transaction
Whoever lied to you that 'Z bank' is the 'most successful Nigerian bank'? Obviously, you didn't do a proper due diligence on your client, so maybe the fast buck you were looking for didn't come that fast.

Major transaction? It makes me wonder if you are one of those 'Mr. Fix-it' the thieves use to steal money from the country. No?

@ Balewa:

Sir, you've said it all, they don't want their fellow 'expert' to come and taste the sweet water they drink. You know what, if only the thieves who employ them wake up to realise that they have options, then most of them won't get the chance to mouth off about Naija. They would probably be earning their gigantic salary that they deliberately disregarded to come and work in Nigeria.

@ Rockstar1966:

I haven't heard of the company name you mentioned, all i would advise you is to get the offer and whatnot documented; and probably see if they use a recruitment and/or management company which could give you some additional information about the potential employer.

Better still, if the money is too much to ignore, take the initiative, show up for two months, get paid and disappear as long as you are able to do so. That way, you don't get to experience what others try to scare you with, it also gives you the opportunity to assess your employers first hand and then decide if you wish to play out the third month.

Nigeria isn't perfect but trust me, nowhere is! Its what you make out of it that should matter to you. Whatever you decide, happy Landings!