PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets inject some life into this forum!
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2002, 21:09
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah Mac,

Most interesting mess I saw was at Guy's in London. The wall was a gallery of females in lithotomy positions being assaulted with equipment used to extract babies in those days when C-sections were a sign you had failed. All lovingly carved into the pine wall with dates and initials of the artists. Bit of a sterile mess though, all the action was in the dive med student bar in the basement which would stay open until the cleaners woke everybody up at 6am, but at the turn of the 20th century it must have been the place to be.

Legend had it during the Blitz, when the hospital was bombed, all the housemen were sent to save the wall - the patients came a definite second.

Back in my days we only used to carry the BNF, it had everything you needed to know and a nice pocket size too. OK, wasn't quite the authoritative source but dragging around the Oxford Textbook would require a trolley and that was a pain when you got crashed. If it dealt with a drug and you needed to know the side effects, it was in the BNF, so I thought it interesting when gingernut quoted from the relevant BNF section in the deleted thread.

Back to the limb.......