PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2012, 17:21
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for we are now bankrupt
You are mixing up ia high level of public debt with insolvency, to be clear, we are in no way bankrupt. Also, I asked you ages ago, are you British? I keep seeing you mix up we / you / they a lot.

Yes, except that it is too small; it cannot expand; none of the inter-city or inter-European trains go there; and it is disastrously arranged so that all aircraft fly over the capital.
It's not ideal, however it can in no way be described as a disaster. London City also has approach paths over the capital, lower than Heathrow in the centre of town. London has a bigger population than Scotland and there is no realistic new site to put a new airport which is why the politicos with a shelf life of five years at a time are talking of an offshore man made floating island.

blue collar workers, who were too thick to understand
Speaking as a something of right wing Tory supporter, I do understand why these people do not want to vote for us, Thatcher for all her good put a lot of good people on the scrapheap. It is grossly insulting and arrogant to dismiss such people in the infalmatory manner in which you do. I also voted for Tony Blair incidentally, as did so many other good people before Iraq.

Your silence incidentaly on my question of whether you had so much as set foot in Berkshire suggests that for all your words, you don't know the area you speak of?

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 25th Jun 2012 at 20:01.