PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2012, 06:43
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To compliment 500 Fan's Hughes is this kind contribution from Nicola in Rome:

Forestale BredaNardi NH500D I-CFSN CFS 13 in Ostia, Italy on 31st May 2012 (Photo: Nicola Maraspini)

The Forestale crew push 'Eagle 13' through the streets of Ostia (along the Tyrrhenian coast near Rome) in preparation for the craft's display in the static exhibition at this year's Rome International Air Show which was held at the beginning of June.

More from Jeremy Hughes ..

Hiller UH-12E4 G-ASAZ at Biggin Hill in May 1963 (Photo: Jeremy Hughes)

This craft was bought by Rent-A-Copter (my godfather would have cringed at the name) in 1962 before moving on to Bouley Invesments in 1968 and Bell Fruit of Nottingham in 1974. In 1976 she was bought by Morland Beazley Helicopters of Hampshire and I don't know why but, for some reason, that name is familiar!

Fairchild Hiller FH-1100 (Serial No. 10) G-AVTG at RAF Wethersfield on 1st June 1968 (Photo: Stuart Jessup)

Complimenting Jeremy's UH-12E4 is Stuart's FH1100 owned (at the time of the photo) by the same outfit as G-ASAZ .. Rent-A-Copter.

Tragically, this is the craft which crashed so spectacularly at the 1969 Paris Air Show at Le Bourget on 5th June in which the craft's British pilot perished. Can anyone recall who was flying AVTG on that ill-fated day?