PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2012, 19:06
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No they wouldn't! Ask Thomson...............................
I was saying that the airport should be able to make more money, whether or not the airline does is their business.

Of course, I am assuming that the airport would charge a handling fee which was sufficient enough to give them a margin. Now we know that not all airports do that, and we also know that the previous Coughco guys halved the fees in a desperate bid to attract custom.

I am giving Sir Peter enough credit to assume that he wouldn't repeat either of those mistakes.

I look forward to supporting Steakout. Coventry must survive. It deserves to survive.
Steakout?

I want to see my local airport survive too, but it is only of direct use to me if it starts operating passenger flights again. I don't hold out much hope of this happening, especially as the one long shot scenario that might have bagged a base deal is not showing any sign of materialising.

However, the airport is not there to provide an urban status symbol for the city fathers. It is there to turn a profit for its owners, or be turned into something else, subject to the small matter of getting that something else past the village fathers at WDC.

That, my friends, is going to be way harder than attracting a new airline!