PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you find most annoying about our job???
Old 28th Dec 2002, 15:46
CheerBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's 1 experience that I'll remember for the rest of my life..I was doing a flight from Singapore to Jarkarta, economy class. When this Indonesia-Chinese couple with 4 kids were making a hell lot of noise and jumping up and down their seats. We had to tell them to sit down as we are preparing for take-offs.

During meal service, the man asked if we had cavier! I was like: huh? He said he needed to have cavier or he can't eat at all. I tried telling him gently that we do not have cavier on this flight.
And he make a big hoo-ha and said:Land this plane somewhere if you have to. I'm rich, I've got money to buy myself cavier! I'm Chinese, you are also Chinese..but I'm so rich that I can get you to land this plane.

Upon hearing that, my crewmate came over and said: What are you doing in economy class then? He said:its full so we don't have a choice but to squeeze this smelly, flithy class.

(The business class had only 2 passengers out of like 50 seats?!?)

My crewmate: Its a pity that your money can't buy you some common sense, manners, honesty and humulity!

Ever since then, I'm averse to serving Indonesia Chinese.