PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian contract pilots
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2012, 09:45
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With their proposed expansion (which I was recently told is about to be speeded up) they need bods on board, so doubt they will be looking for excuses not to put guys on permanent. They have just offered 35 permanent FO positions to any contractors seeking them (Capt or FO) with bases in Bergen Stavanger & Trondheim. Doesn't suit me, but I know a few from LHS are willing to change for 3 (?) years or so to get the foot in the full time NAS contract.I believe more will be offered at latest next Spring.
As regards future "full-time contracts out of Scandi-land no one knows the exact details of what will be offered, as a rough guide we are told all conditions enjoyed by full time NAS guys, but with salary "adjusted" for cost of living in base country (which is more or less what the full-time ARN guys have now vs the OSL guys.)
The litmus test will be in around 6mths time, when HEL base will be 2 years old.
Basically base must be "commercially viable" for the permanent thing to kick in, HEL certainly is, as will be I suspect AGP.
They are fairly concerned how they will find enough crew for planned expansion & have started Cadet recruiting already from beginning of this year, they don't seem to be in the business of trying to find ways to let guys go, & seem aware that Cadets will just migrate to the desert after 2 years if the "Carrot" isn't big enough, they are not burying their heads in the sand.

Time to Command ? difficult to say, many full-time guys waiting, but partially because Union told them not to accept a leave of absence to get Command, which would have had serious implications for their Norwegian pension etc. For those willing /able to accept 3 year "contract" if already full-time employed, it wouldn't be SO long, likewise perhaps if you joined as an experienced contractor ? . We do all, I realise have different circumstances /priorities.