PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at Terminal 5 (Heathrow)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2012, 09:45
Tableview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of years ago friends of mine, two respectable well-dressed and well-behaved professional middle aged couples, flew LHR-YVR on BA in Club World through T5 which had only recently opened. The point I'm making is that they are not exactly the dregs of humanity!

Wife 1 was picked out for a random search. Fair enough. Husband 1 decided to wait until the search was done, not interfering, just waiting. I think that's fair enough too, but he was rudely told by a security 'official' to 'get moving, nothing to see here'. His reply was : "I believe I have a right to wait here until your colleague has finished with my wife. If I'm wrong, please call your supervisor to explain why I can't wait."

He was then told to : "Get going before I tell you in simple four letter words which you might find easier to understand ........"

The way that his ensuing complaint was dealt with by BAA was disgraceful, and by BA, exemplary, even though it was not their fault.

Although I rarely fly on BA, I have to say that I have always found every aspect of T5, including security, to be a joy. I don't know if I've been lucky or if others have been unlucky. In fact, if I did resume regular flying on BA, it would be because of T5.