PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Change of Instructor half-way through PPL
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 16:01
Cumulogranite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
changing instructors is actually a good thing if handled right. To go through the entire course with one instructor can lead to familiarity, which as we all know breeds contempt!! Seriously, each instructor will teach, although the same syllabus, in a slightly different way as that is human nature and we all have our own pesonality. So to get someone else's perspective of where you are up to helps as they may have a different way of getting you over the learning plateau that we all hit.

For expamle I was struggling in the circuit in the flare, knowing when to and how much was just a guess. My instructor was off one day and I flew with another instructor and after my first arrival (it certainly wasnt a gentle landing) suggested that I tried to cover the end of the runway with the nose but no more. Every landing after that was as smooth as silk.

On that basis whilst you need a good relationship with your indtructor built on some degree of mutual trust and chopping and changing every other lesson will not help at all, it is good to have another idea now and again!!

Good luck

Last edited by Cumulogranite; 23rd Jun 2012 at 16:02.