PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRS in a twin
Thread: BRS in a twin
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 09:45
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a official recommended procedure for engine failure by Cirrus?
I would be very surprised that Cirrus would do that without very hard backup evidence as they would be open to huge liability claims should serious injury occur as a result
Pace fair point and I do not have the POH to hand for exact wording but along the lines of use in inhospitable terrain or over water etc.

So no not the official standpoint from the manufacturer but mine as PIC. (perhaps best you never come flying with me, I would hate to be wrestling in the air over trying to pull the CAPS handle)

Anyway my decision has not just been made because of a new gadget it is based on doing 3 x CPPP (Cirrus Pilot Proficiency Programme's, essentially a 3 day course to enhance Pilot safet and decision making, organised by COPA Cirrus Pilot Proficiency Program (CPPP) - Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association ) Also I do annual recurrent training with Cirrus Platinum Instructors and have done formal Cirrus Sim training in the USA in use of the BRS, as I said it took me several years to change my opinion.