PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2012, 19:30
smurf84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a matter of fact, i did speak to Suuny Signh (recruitment manger) on the phone, he stated that there is risk that you might not be hired even if you have cpl and 250 hrs.
I've never heard of that before! I hold an ICAO CPL with 270 odd hours. Sunny Singh's statement does come as a surprise to me, especially having failed the Stage 2 interview recently. As far as I know, Cathay shortlisted 10-12 Indian pilots for flight grading and most of them are CPL holders with 250+ hours flying experience. Looking at 2011-2012 (Eurozone crisis, rising ATF prices, Japanese tsunami and the slow recovery of the US economy), I doubt if Cathay Pacific actually requires 300 Second Officers for the year, as one of their management pilots mentioned in an interview to a local newspaper.

But overall, i was wondering are there more ppl with cpl who moved on to stage 2 more than ppl with NO flying experience at all ??
I don't have the exact numbers. But I reckon HKID holders with NO flying experience will always be given the bigger slice. Fair enough.