PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX SO: All you need to know
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2012, 12:56
daniel747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is the pollution gets worse every year. Research that.
Hmm, that is an obvious fact, isn't it? People moving into another country for employment purposes should look into all this if it is a major concern for them. But why this compromise, Dan Buster? Airlines in the Middle-East are calling. What about UK, Australia, Canada, USA (whichever is your home country)...how are the packages there? Please, I'm only looking for good advice.

They've only been here 5 minutes. Of course they love it. The rose coloured glasses are still firmly in place. The Shiny Jet Syndrome hasn't worn off yet. Give it a few more years, with families, mortgages, bills, divorces etc on the crappy package they are on, and they will be whining louder than the guys who have been here for awhile.
I forgot to mention that one of them is married and has a 5 yr old son. The other pilot isn't though. But I did ask the married guy whether the family was okay about living in Hong Kong. He said they had no problems at all, of course the pollution was a concern. But something they could handle. Apart from that, they're a happy family for the past 16 months. So I'm yet to hear anything disastrous from his side.