PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2012, 10:51
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CASA are internally cringing at this. Some folk had been trying to stop this for years and to that end I must say I support their view on things, it pretty much aligns with the general sentiment here.

Did I just say that?

Back to being serious, while I am critical of CASA at any moment, the folk trying to do a job with hands tied behind their back, are not happy. The hand toeing is not so much CASA being slack but legislative bull**** requiring them to do certain things.

Hempel was just too cunning. Look at the Quadrio case where I personally thing CASA got it all wrong, how did they get that far on really dodgy evidence, yet hempy was able to duck and weave.

One was doing his job, to the limit, the other was a blatant rule breaker but a character who could pull it off.

Believe me when I say CASA have on several occasions been found wanting, but generally do a good job, however the few cockups have resulted in probably innocent folk done over, while dangerous ones slip through.

Problem is too much law, not enough common sense. And that may well be post of the year in that last sentence.