PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a professional pilot, and finding a job
Old 28th Dec 2002, 06:07
All Blacks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing I find amazing is when I travel to all corners of the globe, I hear the same things being told to students no matter where it is. "There is a huge demand for pilots - give us all your money and we will not quite guarantee you a job". Its the same BS everywhere and I always wonder why people keep falling for the same rubbish.

The NZ Govt has just recently undertake an enquiry into all the funding for these so called "aviation degrees" that the universities are running. Apparently last year they funded millions of dollars for over 800 people to get their pilots licences. Amazing since the main employer - Air New Zealand only hired twenty pilots last year

Massey School of Aviation also puts through pilot after pilot after pilot, using Govt funding and its taken years before someone in the Govt has finally worked out that of the thousands they have funded, only about 100 would have actually got a job in aviation.

Comments on this from anyone.

AB