PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Influence of airspeed and engine rpm + g force equation
Old 21st Jun 2012, 21:19
chipmeisterc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Influence of airspeed and engine rpm + g force equation

Hi guys,

Some of you will be aware I am putting together a flight simulator, just as a learning excersize really. I am getting pretty far with the flight model now. The aerofoils are all behaving as expected.

Very early vid if anyone is interested.. ( It's come on quite a long way since then )

What I would like to do now is get the engine behaving correctly.. I have a basic force generated by the prop based on the rpm. (I will soon change that so that the prop is an actual aerofoil and generating lift much like the wings. ) What I don't understand yet though is the relationship between airspeed and RPM...well I get what happens, if you are in a steep dive / climb etc but what I am looking for is the maths that describes this relationship. Is there an equation to describe this? Or an approximation ? Or just some futher detail of the physics behind it so I can create a rough model.

Secondly g-force. How do I calculate the g's acting on my pilot? Possibly a bit simpler to answer

Thanks to anyone that has read all this and can help!

Chris