PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Air Corp HEMS accident
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2012, 18:45
justthefact

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The FACTS DO NOT SUPPORT any of these posts.

I keep repeating myself: FACTS only. I had many a fight with them BUT the IAC safety record is on par with any other outfit conducting similar ops. Their helicopter statistics are far better than most operators. Again, what are the agendas here?

I think the silence from those with any serious statistical support for the comments on the first few posts says it all. 50 years of helicopter operations and one fatal accident, and long may it be that way (their technicians deserve particular praise). This is a safety record that helicopter operators the world over would love, which is why the Gardai are staying put. The Dophin accident was 13 years ago. In any police or para-public operation, accidents and incidents WILL ALWAYS (very regrettably) happen. How many UK/european EC-135 and Squirrels were in incidents with Police and HEMS over the past 15-20 years? [Some super guys there by the way too]

Safety audit in 2002 said......it was conducted by ex USAF and British auditors......there were some minor issues, but all in all a VERY COMPETENT organisation conducting a wide range of Ops to a very high standard. Pilot training was singled out as being of a very high standard [even if I didnt get on with one or two of them]. Don't equal youth with incompetence or age with competence, dangerous assumptions.

So credit, where credit is due. As for private operators: as someone who receives Irish taxpayers' money every week; NO THANKS. 4 private SAR bases and its going to cost us €250,000-€300,000 per base per WEEK, and most of them are staffed by Irish Air Corps/Army/Navy

Are we deluding ourselves?? Just who would benefit if this was privatised? Some of the gentlemen that or on this forum perhaps?

FACTS DISMANTLE AGENDAS.