PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Blue A320 loses two hydraulic systems
Old 21st Jun 2012, 18:15
bubbers44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My major airline in the US advised not dumping fuel if the landing was just as safe landing over weight. I wondered how this would sound at the hearing so decided overweight landing couldn't be as safe as landing at Max landing weight so ignored their advice knowing it was put out by the management people. A few months later I got a 727 with a radar problem written off as re racked ok for service. I told the FO we have a bad radar and we need it for this flight through a tropical storm to south America so expect it to quit since they didn't fix it.

We hit a bump on the runway at rotation and the radar quit but we knew where the close in weather was so requested a straight out departure. Circuit breakers , pounding on scope and normal pilot techniques didn't work so we went off shore and dumped fuel to max landing weight and came back to MIA. Never heard a word about why didn't we land over max landing weight and no hearing. I think the hearing is when you follow their advice and land overweight and have to explain why.