PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ A320 + Mr Bloxham
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2002, 23:38
Sharfted Groundhog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with the majority here...... how many times has that newspaper written inflamitory remarks or only half the truth just to fill it's pages?!?! How many times to we have to remark on it before we learn to get the whole picture first????

Do you really think that an airline - who is still in the financial poop and is being scrutinised closely due to a couple of incidents quite close together - would go and put their punters and staff at risk with the introduction of a new aircraft type? I don't think so. It wouldn't be worth their skins......

Another point to look at is that although the NZ CAA is (by enlarge) a bunch of old sandle-and-sock wearers, do you think the GM of Airlines would allow something dodgy to happen while he was in charge? Again, I think not.

This has nothing to do with Ansett Australia or CASA, for that matter. Maybe it's time for a few people to move on and get on with their lives. Management don't care if you all get ulcers from the bile you keep regurgitating - only you! I'm sure most of the guys who lost their jobs when QF Australia didn't bail out their NZ counterparts have moved on - or at least you hear them bitching less!

Just wait and see what happens, is my advice. Go and enjoy xmas and have a drink or three. I would of thought those who have been stung lately would WANT Air NZ to succeed - less unemployed pilots on the market all looking at the same few jobs..... just another thought...