PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No cats and flaps ...... back to F35B?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2012, 15:24
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney

Not ranting, (assuming you are talking about the thread TEEEJ linked to?)just laughing at the spectacularly over ebulliant gushing about the F3 which for some reason got taken as a personal affront to the dignity of the pilots.

Never really understood why. The fact that the aircrew made such a dog as effective as it was is a compliment rather than an insult, but there you go...

For some reason, the moderators have seen fit to leave all the personal insults towards me strewn throughout that thread in place despite the rules which they apply to others such as myself
Are they perhaps all light blue?

"It seems to me that you're trying to defend the need for a carrier at the expense of UKAD"

Not at all, just making the point that if you are looking for a niche capability to chop in the interests of saving money, there are many more niche and underused capabilities than the carriers.

"But I didn't think anyone here ever questioned the attractiveness of a carrier AND ALL the supporting assets that go with it."

Then I strongly suggest you re-read just about every thread on Pprune that ever mentions a carrier.
The general light blue "Carriers are far too expensive for their benefits and we could use the money far more effectively" is a core argument that pervades Pprune and in fact the higher echelons of the RAF.

Again, I do love the abuse I get as a pilot for having the temerity to have an opinion on AD from a bunch of people who have no compunction aspousing authoritative views on Naval warfare despite never having got closer than Yachting.

Last edited by Tourist; 21st Jun 2012 at 15:54.