PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2012, 05:00
Mister-Proach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
future-pilot - you may find it difficult to get any extra time on the DA42 unless you need it on a remedial basis. If you need remedial lessons before your CPL test, there is some flexibility as far as I'm aware and you probably won't have to pay for any extra. However, instructor / aircraft availability and scheduling are probably the limiting factors here. Extra time on the DA42 won't be advertised on the website because you don't need it as far as CTC are concerned - the idea is to get you through your CPL in the minimum number of hours required, so that you can head back to the UK and get stuck straight into your IR training.

student88 - nobody was 'picked' to help out at the open day when i was at Nursling a few months back - it's a voluntary thing, I volunteered because I wanted to play on the simulators. There's definitely no incentive for us to make CTC out to be something it isn't. It's worth heading to the open day to see the facilities and talk to the cadets who are all either in ground school, or have just returned from NZ.