PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2012, 02:16
overmars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@purplehearts

I do not deny that the high numbers and accelerated influx of foreigners in Singapore has caused much grief to locals in terms of jobs, public transportation, housing, education etc. However, like I mentioned, this is not the avenue to rant about it. There are many other unmoderated forums for that i.e. TR, Yahoo SG, Asiaone. Let's keep politics out of PPRuNe and let PPRuNe do what its best at: spreading rumours among professional pilots! And, while themerlion has the right to air his grievances and release steam, he also has the right to have his opinions slammed by other readers too. At least your post is rationale with valid arguments in it. His reeks of xenophobia and race machoism "But Indians from India? For FK?!!! We have enough of them here as it is. They can go back to India. We don't need them to work for us in Singapore Airlines.".

@Wenqi,

I agree with purplehearts, the cabin crew position seems to suit you more. However, if you profile is accurate, you are still young. You have a long time to decide what you want to do while gaining some life experience. Oh, by the way, you WILL be asked that question when you attend a cadet pilot interview. And, I think you need to work a little bit more on your answer to convince the panel. Good luck!