PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PrivatAir
Thread: PrivatAir
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2012, 17:07
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Privatair Update Please

I am in need of some updated information. Questions for the Privatair pilots out there (or others in the know):

1. Given that the current fleet includes 6 BBJs (2 700s and 4 800s) on the scheduled side as well as 1 757 and 1 767-300 (if I am correct), are pilots typically hired into the BBJs are potentially promoted from within (i.e., from BBJ to eventually 757/767)? Or could a typed pilot be hired directly to the 757/767 if a spot open up?

2. Are pilots currently only being sourced for the Congo/African operation or are newhire pilots also assigned to the LH and Gulf Air routes?

3. With several new airplanes arriving over the next 4-5 years including the C-Series and 2 VIP 787s, is it likely that the C-Series Captain slots and the 787 slots will be offered internally vs. direct hires? Just trying to understand pilot expectations - so, if you are a BBJ FO, do you expect an opportunity to move to the 767 or even the 787 if a spot opens?

4. For those pilots flying the scheduled BBJ flights for LH and Gulf Air, how are the rosters/schedules? Not surprising, but seems like a lot of night flying - how many days off in a month on average for those pilots?

5. Lastly, do the BBJs fly any ad hoc charter? Or are they all accounted for on the scheduled side of the business? I assume the 767 flies charter.

Thank you for any updates. It is a very interesting operation and the addition of new aircraft like the C-Series and the VIP 787 should provide some good opportunities for pilots I would think.