PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Written Exams
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2001, 15:37
dakersg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can sympathise with this situation, although I am interested in looking at it from a slightly different perpsective.

I wonder firstly, is it compulsory for ground schools to provide the classroom element of ATPL in two fortnightly blocks, or similar arrangment?

For any "working" wannabees, who only have 4-5 weeks holiday, pasing the exams in one year can become difficult at best, if not impossible, especially when considering the days required to take the exams as well.

Do any schools provide this element over serveral weekend sessions, or have plans to do so in the future? After all, in the current situation, I'd imagine there a lot fewer "working" wannabees prepared to give up work for full time study, and not everyone can make special vacation arrangements with their employers.

Additionly, I'm sure many would appreciate the opportunity to pay for the ATPL study over more that the one or two installments that seems standard at the moment. Scheduling the classroom element over several weekends throughout a year must make this more feasible.